1. Get extra certified copies of your marriage certificate to send to various agencies that need it (ie for your passport)
  2. Call (800) 772-1213 to get a new Social Security card.
  3. Go to the DMV and change your name with them (fees apply, check what documentation you need to bring)
  4. Go to passport office to change your passport, the form can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/amend/amend_851.html
  5. Change your name with the 3 main credit agencies: TransUnion, Experian, Equifax
  6. Order replacement checks, credit cards, etc.
  7. Ask your employer to change your name in their records.
  8. Request a name change on your car registration; health, dental, car, home insurance; and mortgage company.
  9. Change your name with the post office, utility companies and voter registration.
  10. Announce the name change to friends and family with Wedding Announcements, or Thank You notes using your new name.
changing_your_name_after_marriage.txt · Last modified: 2010/06/16 13:42 (external edit)
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki